Updated: Feb 3
Why should we Exercise?
Sometimes the last thing we want to do first thing first thing in the morning or after a long day at work is exercise but there is no denying the healthy benefits that come along with regular exercise.
1) It helps manage your weight - whilst you can't out train a bad diet, regular exercise alongside a healthy diet can help shift those unwanted pounds or help to maintain a healthy weight.
2) It can help lower your blood pressure - regular exercise increases your heart health, a healthy heart can pump more blood with less effort in turn lowering your blood pressure.
3) It can boost your mood - exercise helps the body release serotonin (the happy hormone) which helps your brain to regulate mood, sleep and appetite.
4) It can help increase your sleep quality - whilst it's not recommended to work out too close to bed time, exercise can help aid sleep disturbances. Its also helps reset the sleep wake cycle by raising body temperature slightly, then allowing it to drop and trigger sleepiness a few hours later.
5) It can help lower your resting hear rate - your heart rate is lowered as the heart muscle becomes stronger as it gets better at pumping out more blood per heart beat. The body needs fewer heartbeats to pump the same amount of blood.
6) It improves muscle definition - we all know weight training and HIIT training increases lean muscles whilst burning fat leading to increased muscle definition.
7) It can help improve your memory - by increasing oxygen to your brain, exercise helps keep your brain fit and health, exercise also enhances helpful brain chemicals and reduces stress hormones..
8) It can boost your energy - Any exercise or physical activity that gets the heart rate up and the blood flowing and releases endorphins is going to raise your energy level. Good cardiovascular exercises will strengthen your heart and give you more stamina.
What Exercise is Right for Me?
Many people belive that exercise have to be high tempo and fast paced, the truth is, it can be as simple as a wlak. Find soemthing you enjoy doing, you aren't going to stick to it if you don't enjoy doing it. For me, I love strength training, yoga and cycling. By finding a movement you enjoy, you are much more liekly to stick with it!